Mohammad Yusoph bin Abdullah
Patikul, Sulu, [10.11.15] – The kidnappers are demanding PhP5 billion for the safe release of their four captives that are still being held by the Kidnap-for-Ransom group in Silangkan Island, Parang, Sulu, a reliable source informed The Philippine Examiner today.
The source who spoke on condition of anonymity, contacted by phone from undisclosed area from Southern Philippines.
The victims are being kept in the captor’s lair in Silangkan Island, Parang, Sulu since September 25 after they were abducted by armed group in Holiday Oceanview Resort, Samal Island, Davao del Norte, the source said.
The abductors were forced to relocate their victims in Silangkan Island after a local-based mujahideen in Sulu, has vehemently opposed to the kidnappers presence in their area because the security of their families and communities are being jeopardized’, the source added.
The source also confirmed that the safety of the local residents safety had been already compromised, due to the ongoing military operations against bandits, their areas in Patikul is greatly affected.
The source declined to name the ring leader of the kidnap for ransom, but confirmed that a group belonging to the Davao del Norte based- Bangsamoro Army are behind to the abduction of Canadian tourists John Ridsdel, 68, Robert Hall, 50, as well as Norwegian resort manager Kjartan Sekkingstad and Filipina, Maritess Flor were allegedly members of the Mindanao-based Bangsamoro Army, the source said.
After the abduction the four kidnapped victims were brought by their captors in Parang, Sulu on board a pump boat which locally known as “jungkong” last Friday September 25, 2015 which was reported earlier by this online publication.
The Davao del Norte based- Bangsamoro Army has a close ties with the Parang-based kidnap-for-ransom group are allies to the Abu Sayaff of Sulu, the source ended.
The local Abu Sayaff in Sulu are not available for comments due to poor signal in the area as of posting time.